This Roman Bridge is made of granite and was built in 89AD in the time of the Emperor Trajan. Only the first 15 arches nearest to the city are original; the remaining ones were swept away by a flood in 1626. This bridge was an important part of the Roman Silver Route, which ran from Merida to Astorga. Near the bridge is a statue of Verraco Ibérico, a pre-Roman totem-sculpture.
The original Anaya Palace dates back to the early XVth century. It was created in 1401 by Diego de Anaya y Maldonado and the original building was the city’s oldest university residence. Later on in 1760, parts of the old building were reconstructed and redesigned as they had been destroyed. The present neoclassical-style building (unusual to Salamanca) was designed by Juan de Sagarvinaga. Today the palace houses the Philosophy and Languages faculties.
This Renaissance building from the XVIth century was ordered to be built by Rodrigo de Messía, a relative of the archbishop of Santiago, and dedicated it to Alonso de Fonseca. The building owes its name 'salt palace' to its former use as a salt deposit until the XIXth century. It is one of Salamanca's most beautiful Renaissance buildings. The façade, over a loggia frontage formed by four rounded arcades, is decorated with medallions whilst the inner patio features a beautiful ornately corbelled gallery. The building now houses the Province administration offices.
This XVth century fortress has an octagonal shape. Each side is capped by a round sentry turret, which accentuates its medieval flavour.